CALERA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Calera Police Department made a Facebook post addressing concerns from residents about officers not social distancing or wearing masks in photos.
CPD said they are aware that they have not been demonstrating their efforts to control the spread of the coronavirus. When taking pictures with visitors, they are closer than the six-foot distance and they remove their masks for a few seconds to take the picture.
Moving forward, CPD said will change the way they do pictures in the future.
They also added that they disinfect the entire department routinely, including the vehicles, and they supply all employees with PPE and hand sanitizer.
- Alabama residents welcome back the return of SEC Football
- No. 2 Crimson Tide rolls on offense to 38-19 win over Mizzou
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court