MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — The interim president of the University of Mobile is taking over the position on a permanent basis.
The school issued a statement Friday saying Lonnie A. Burnett has been named to the position after serving six months in the job on an interim basis.
Burnett is a 1979 graduate of the school who previously served as executive dean for arts and sciences. He’s also served in other positions including president of the Faculty Council.
The small liberal arts college is affiliated with the Alabama Baptist State Convention.
- More Storms Expected Tomorrow, Into Tuesday Morning | Central AL Forecast
- Shelby County man leads officers on nearly 2 hour pursuit through Tuscaloosa, Birmingham
- Officials: Deadly Pride parade crash appears unintentional
- US sends Taiwan 2.5 million vaccine doses, tripling pledge
- Trump cowboy seeks 2nd act in politics after Capitol breach