BROOKSIDE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Brookside Police Department is keeping their chief in prayer as he battles the coronavirus.
Chief Mike Jones is in the intensive care unit on respiratory support after being infected with the virus. In a Facebook post from the police department, it states that they are hoping he begins plasma treatment soon.
Jones cannot speak, eat or move without assistance, the department said.
In a plea to the public, the Brookside Police Department is asking the community to take the virus seriously.
“COVID IS REAL! Please follow the Safer at Home directives, wear a mask and help stop the spread,” Brookside PD said.
- 8-year-old child shot in Center Point
- Sheriff shares new information in hot car death investigation
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Eat Drink Ride Food Tour in Birmingham emerges amid COVID-19 pandemic