BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — The Brent Police Department has arrested a man who was wanted on sexual assault and rape charges for more than a year Wednesday.
According to Brent PD’s Facebook page, Fredrick Deshawn Anderson, 28, was issued warrants for sexual assault and rape of a juvenile back in October 2018. He hadn’t been seen since then.
Brent PD investigators received a tip Wednesday about his whereabouts. They attempted to make contact with Anderson at the Windwood Inn and after a short chase on foot, he was taken into custody.
Anderson has been charged with first-degree rape, sexual assault a child less than 12 years old and second-degree sexual assault of a child between 12 and 16 years old.
He is currently in the Bibb County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
- Schools cancel after school activities ahead of Monday weather threat
- Shooting investigation underway at Fairfield motorcycle club
- WEATHER AWARE: Strong storms possible Monday late afternoon into evening
- Birmingham opening warming station Tuesday, December 17
- Memorial service date set for Aniah Blanchard