BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — The Brent Police Department has arrested a man who was wanted on sexual assault and rape charges for more than a year Wednesday.
According to Brent PD’s Facebook page, Fredrick Deshawn Anderson, 28, was issued warrants for sexual assault and rape of a juvenile back in October 2018. He hadn’t been seen since then.
Brent PD investigators received a tip Wednesday about his whereabouts. They attempted to make contact with Anderson at the Windwood Inn and after a short chase on foot, he was taken into custody.
Anderson has been charged with first-degree rape, sexual assault a child less than 12 years old and second-degree sexual assault of a child between 12 and 16 years old.
He is currently in the Bibb County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
- Grant Imahara, co-host of ‘MythBusters’ and ‘White Rabbit Project,’ dies at 49
- White House turns on Fauci as Trump minimizes virus spike
- Central AL Forecast: Hot and dry weather continues today
- Bryshere Gray arrested: ‘Empire’ actor accused of assaulting wife at Arizona home
- Squirrel tests positive for bubonic plague in Colorado