AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) — Update (11/8): The suspect in Aniah Blanchard’s disappearance, Ibraheem Yazeed, was arrested late Thursday night in Florida.
The Auburn Police Department has released an image of a person of interest in the case of missing 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard.
Police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a person captured on video surveillance inside the convenience store at the time Blanchard was last seen.
According to the APD, the man in the video is described is likely in his early-to-mid 20’s, weighs approximately 200 pounds and is between 5’8” and 5’-10”. The man is also pictured wearing dark-colored pants, dark-colored shoes and a camouflage colored hooded jacket with “Vans” in white writing across the back. In addition, the man was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car, which is either silver or gray in color.
Blanchard, a Homewood native who attends Southern Union State Community College in Opelika, has not been seen since Oct. 24. A couple of days later, police recovered Blanchard’s car at an apartment complex off Atlanta Highway in Montgomery.
There is a reward of over $105,000 being offered to anyone with information on Blanchard’s whereabouts.
Anyone with information about this individual should call the Auburn Police Division Detective Section at 334-501-3140, the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391, or the 24 hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100.
WATCH: ANIAH BLANCHARD PRAYER VIGIL – 6TH AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH
- Reward offered in Phenix City killing of Georgia prison worker
- Pedestrian bridge collapsed in Northeast DC, injuries 3 people.
- Massachusetts bar will actually accept Monopoly money for a few glorious hours
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- $10,000 treasure hunt underway in the Utah wilderness, weekly clues posted on social media