BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department has confirmed that the man accused of making threats against Mayor Randall Woodfin Monday has been arrested.
According to BPD, Brian Stephen Vest, 49, was arrested at his home in Warrior and charged with making terrorist threats.
Mayor Woodfin released a statement Thursday regarding the threats made against him over the removal of the Confederate monuments in Linn Park.
Vest did not make a statement as to why he made the call, according to police. He is now being held at the Jefferson County Jail.
Vest appeared in court Friday morning and had his bond increased from $30,000 to $100,000 at the request of the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.
- Trussville PD arrests woman in connection to stolen rental car
- Sessions steps up attacks on Tuberville ahead of runoff
- Georgia Jimmy John’s workers fired for making noose out of bread dough
- Face-covering ordinances in Alabama: Where they are required and for how long
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force