BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (2/14): The Birmingham Police Department has changed their investigation of a man found stabbed to death in his apartment from a homicide to a justified death.
According to BPD, after further investigation, it was determined the man was involved romantically with a subject. The two got into an argument that turned physical Feb. 6. The altercation ended with the man being stabbed.
BPD has ruled the killed justified and no criminal charges will be filed against the subject in question.
ORIGINAL (2/7): The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a homicide after a man was found stabbed to death in his apartment Thursday afternoon.
According to BPD, officers responded to a call of a person down in the 2300 block of 5th Avenue North. Upon arrival, they discovered a man deceased on the floor of his apartment. Investigators believe the man may have been deceased for some time before they discovered him.
As of now, there are no suspects in custody. If you have any information on this case, contact BPD at (205) 254-1764 or Crime Stoppers at (205) 254-7777.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Large house fire underway, Brighton Fire Department working to extinguish flames
- Central AL Forecast: Slightly warmer, still cool to wrap up the month
- As coronavirus spreads, surgical masks run short throughout Birmingham
- Bart Starr Jr. speaks up for death row inmate facing execution
- Relatives sue Alabama prisons over 4 inmate suicides