UPDATE — March 1, 2020
The Birmingham Police Department identified the victim in a Friday night shooting on 12th Court North.
The victim has been identified as Jerrell Moultrie, 28 of Birmingham.
Police are still investigating this homicide. At this time, there are no suspects in custody nor have police discovered a motive.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person dead Friday night.
According to BPD, officers were dispatched to the 4300 block of 12th Court North just after 9 p.m.
Officers from the South precinct responded to a shot spotter call of two rounds discharged. When they arrived, they found a man inside a vehicle unresponsive suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. Birmingham Fire and Rescue along with the Jefferson County coroner arrived and pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
No suspects are in custody at this time. If you have any information, contact BPD at (205) 254-1764 or 205-254-7777.
- BREAKING: State Rep. Dexter Grimsley loses sister to COVID-19
- Local churches are helping Christians partake in communion from home
- Exclusive Poll: When it comes to virus response, New York prefers Cuomo over Trump
- Blood donations needed for next several months
- City of Columbiana refilling residents’ hand sanitizer bottles