BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a homicide after finding a person unresponsive on 17th Street SW and Jefferson Avenue Friday.
According to BPD, officers responded to a call of a person shot and located the victim suffering from a gunshot wound. They were transported to UAB Hospital where they later succumbed to their injuries.
There are no suspects in custody at this time.
Stay with CBS 42 as this is still an ongoing investigation.
- LIVE: Family says human remains found in Texas are missing soldier
- COVID-19 event cancellations cause Alabama, Lyric theaters to look for other ways to keep the lights on
- CBS 42 Cares: Your Source of Information for Local Organizations and Events in Central Alabama That You Can Support
- WATCH: Senator Doug Jones, Montgomery Mayor Reed to provide updates about COVID-19 crisis
- Our Lady of Sorrows Fourth of July Festival adapting during pandemic