BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a homicide after finding a person unresponsive on 17th Street SW and Jefferson Avenue Friday.
According to BPD, officers responded to a call of a person shot and located the victim suffering from a gunshot wound. They were transported to UAB Hospital where they later succumbed to their injuries.
There are no suspects in custody at this time.
Stay with CBS 42 as this is still an ongoing investigation.
- Authorities searching for missing Irondale woman
- National Voter Registration Day: How to register to vote in Alabama
- Second arrest made in Alabaster shooting that killed man, seriously injured woman
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- White House press secretary holds briefing