BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a double homicide that occurred early Monday morning.
According to BPD, officers were sent to the 2000 block of 48th Place Southwest on reports of gunshots. Once on the scene, officers discovered two victims suffering from gunshot wounds. One was lying outside of a car, the other was found unresponsive in the driver’s seat. Bother were pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim in the driver’s seat has been identified as 48-year-old Johnathan Jackson of Hueytown. The second victim was identified as 22-year-old Darnell Ogletree or Birmingham.
Currently, authorities have no suspects in custody.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor