BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (6/10): The Birmingham Police Department has ruled the death of a man found in the doorway of a residence Sunday as a justifiable homicide.
No charges will be filed in the death of 24-year-old Reginald Martin, according to BPD.
ORIGINAL (6/8): The Birmingham Police Department has released the identity of a man who was shot to death Sunday.
Reginald Martin, 24, was found lying unresponsive in the doorway of a residence in the 800 block of 47th Street N just after 5 p.m. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to authorities.
An initial investigation revealed that Martin had been involved in an altercation before the shooting. One suspect is in custody at this time but the investigation is still ongoing.
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Fultondale families share stories of survival after EF-3 tornado
- Former Pickens Co. correctional officer arrested on sex abuse charges
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Police release video of Trey Songz allegedly assaulting officer at AFC Championship game