The remains were found July 24 just after 10 a.m. in the 500 block of 2nd Place SW. Upon further investigation, it was determined that the remains belonged to Rickett.
The Investigation also found that Rickett had died from a gunshot wound.
There are no suspects in custody at this time. If you have any information, contact BPD at 205-254-1764 or CrimeStoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Alabama Department of Public Health releases COVID-19 guidance for schools
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Central AL Forecast: Just a few showers today, mainly dry trend continues
- Heart and double-lung transplant recipient sharing his story to inspire others
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally draws crowd of supporters and counter-protesters