BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department has arrested a suspect who is accused of killing a man back in October 2019.
Ray Franklin, 40, has been charged with the murder of 39-year-old Towan Lee on Oct. 17. Investigators say Franklin killed Lee in retaliation for a previous incident.
BPD discovered Lee deceased in the roadway of 93rd Street N and 7th Court N just after 2:30 p.m.
Franklin was also charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and trafficking marijuana.
He is currently being held in the Jefferson County Jail on a $975,000 bond.
- Details remain murky a year after FBI employee’s death
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze
- LIVE TODAY: It could be a scary Halloween for some SEC teams
- WATCH: Big Game Bound Week 8: Key AFC, NFC matchups
- Central AL Forecast: Clearing up after Zeta moves out, substantial cool-down coming