BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one man dead Wednesday evening.
According to BPD, officers arrived in the 1600 block of Maple Avenue around 5:45 p.m. and discovered a man lying in the roadway suffering from gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was later identified as 41-year-old Rashion Cook of Birmingham.
BPD says after an initial investigation, witnesses told them a person drove by the victim and fired shots before driving away. There are no suspects in custody at this time.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Grass cutting crew finds dead body on I-59/20
- Boaz man arrested for spanking 3-year-old with phone charger cord, leaving ‘excessive’ bruising
- Groups protest for and against the removal of Confederate flag and monument in Marshall County
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel
- FedEx Ground to build $40M facility, set to bring 285 jobs to Birmingham