JASPER, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man who is accused of killing his girlfriend is expected to have his initial appearance Friday.
Walker County officials said at a news conference Thursday that a murder charge was pending against 38-year-old Michael Bolin. He is accused in the death of 50-year-old Stacey Hogan.
Authorities say they responded to Hogan’s home near Parrish on Wednesday afternoon for a reported burglary. Hogan was found dead at the scene.
An investigator says Bolin had gotten into a physical fight with Hogan the night before and found her dead when he returned.
It’s unclear whether Bolin has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
- Birmingham protest following George Floyd death
- Pastor Mike’s BIG blessing for Birmingham
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- COVID-19 cases rising in Tuscaloosa raises concerns
- Should Alabama expand Medicaid coverage?