JASPER, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man who is accused of killing his girlfriend is expected to have his initial appearance Friday.
Walker County officials said at a news conference Thursday that a murder charge was pending against 38-year-old Michael Bolin. He is accused in the death of 50-year-old Stacey Hogan.
Authorities say they responded to Hogan’s home near Parrish on Wednesday afternoon for a reported burglary. Hogan was found dead at the scene.
An investigator says Bolin had gotten into a physical fight with Hogan the night before and found her dead when he returned.
It’s unclear whether Bolin has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
- Central AL Forecast: A gorgeous day with plenty of sunshine and warmer temperatures
- Downtown Birmingham CityWalk project start date delayed, will be completed before World Games 2022
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Non-profits continue to adjust during pandemic
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments