BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Mayor Randall L. Woodfin has arranged for Boutwell Auditorium to serve as a warming station on Feb. 15 and 16 for those seeking shelter from frigid temperatures.
The warming station will open at 5 p.m. and close at 7 a.m. the following day, the mayor’s office reports. Boutwell Auditorium is located on Reverend Abraham Woods Jr Boulevard.
Organizers are collecting certain items from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 15 and 16. Motorists may drive up and someone will remove the items from their vehicle. Water is NOT needed.
The following items will be collected this week:
- Trail mix
- Nutra-Grain bars
- Individually-wrapped snack items, including bags of potato chips, protein bars, etc.
- Dunkin releases coffee-flavored jelly beans
- Central AL Forecast: Cool Nights, Pleasant Afternoons
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- No. 8 Alabama recovers from slow start to beat Georgia 89-79