BIRMINGHAM, AL (WIAT) — UPDATE (2/28/20): The Jefferson County Coroner’s office has identified the victim found lying in the middle of a roadway near the Birmingham airport.
The victim had been identified to be 46-year-old Rory Albert Snipe, Jr., of north Birmingham.
Snipe was found at 10:01 a.m. Thursday on the 800 block of 88th Street north.
The coroner’s office determines that at this time there are no signs of foul play or trauma.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office is heading to the scene of a reported body found lying in a roadway near 88th Street and Eighth Avenue North.
Birmingham Police say someone with the Birmingham Airport Authority found the body around 10:30 a.m.
According to Sgt. Johnny Williams with BPD, the body is being processed as an unclassified death at this time.
Police are waiting on the examination from the coroner’s office to determine the cause of the death and confirm the identity.
Police say all they can confirm at this time, that body found is that of a man.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Family calls for justice after 66-year-old shot, killed in crossfire shooting
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Tuscaloosa bars hope to cash in on Alabama’s first game of the season
- US Senate candidates clash over Supreme Court nomination ahead of election