BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — No charges will be filed in a Birmingham teen’s August shooting death, as it has been ruled justifiable.
Calvin Deonte Vance, 18, was fatally shot in Wylam on Aug. 19. Birmingham Police responded that night to Gulfport Street to investigate a shot spotter call, and located Vance, who was unresponsive, on the edge of the roadway.
Vance was pronounced dead on the scene that night by the Jefferson County coroner and Birmingham Fire and Rescue.
According to investigators, it was determined from interviews with people involved in the incident that Vance had attempted to rob the shooter.
- Central AL Forecast: Cooler & Quiet as Fall Begins on Tuesday
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving