BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — No charges will be filed in a Birmingham teen’s August shooting death, as it has been ruled justifiable.
Calvin Deonte Vance, 18, was fatally shot in Wylam on Aug. 19. Birmingham Police responded that night to Gulfport Street to investigate a shot spotter call, and located Vance, who was unresponsive, on the edge of the roadway.
Vance was pronounced dead on the scene that night by the Jefferson County coroner and Birmingham Fire and Rescue.
According to investigators, it was determined from interviews with people involved in the incident that Vance had attempted to rob the shooter.
- Michigan native Fisher views extra year before Tokyo as a boon
- Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine reports data breach that may have jeopardized patient information
- Impressive video shows man free shark from fishing line at California beach
- Tuscaloosa’s water conservation order ends after waterline repaired
- Reward offered in Phenix City killing of Georgia prison worker