BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Saturday evening, people in Birmingham gathered at Kelly Ingram Park to call for the justice of George Floyd.
This protest comes after protests sparked across the United States in Minneapolis, Atlanta and Houston.
Signs that read “Black Lives Matter” and “I can’t breathe” were held at the protest.
Later Saturday evening, protesters met in Hoover to call for justice for George Floyd. Protesters with signs flooded the streets near Hoover City Hall.
- Employee at Alabama Veteran’s Home says ‘hero pay’ to workers stopped
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
- JeffCo. detectives need assistance identifying suspect in CVS attempted robbery