BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are investigating a shooting that took place Saturday afternoon that left a teenager dead and another person injured.
The victim in the shooting has been identified as Tyler Artez Lee, 18 of Birmingham.
On Saturday around 2:55 p.m., North Precinct officers responded to a call of two people shot in the 200 block of 9th Avenue North. Once officers arrived, they found Lee lying on the front porch of a home suffering from a gunshot wound.
The other person involved in the shooting was found nearby also suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The two were transported to UAB Hospital by Birmingham Fire and Rescue with life-threatening injuries. It was later announced that Lee died at the hospital.
Early investigation led police to believe words were exchanged between Lee and the suspect prior to shots being fired, the Birmingham Police Department reports. The motive in the investigation stemmed from an ongoing dispute. During Saturday’s investigation, police said at least 15 shots were fired.
At this time, there are no suspects in custody. Check back for updates.
- Alabama Ghost Stories: Condie Cunningham
- ‘You can’t help but be emotional’: Oak tree ends up in kitchen of Chilton County home
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- National Cat Day: 8 weird things cats do and why
- Residents in Hoover work to recover from Hurricane Zeta storm damages