BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham police officers are on the scene of a shooting under investigation in the Roebuck Plaza.
According to Sgt. Rod Mauldin, police were notified by an off duty officer that multiple shots had been fired in the shopping center around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Police say they believe an altercation happened in the parking lot that led to the shooting.
Police say multiple businesses and vehicles were damaged by gunfire. One person was shot and taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound. There is no update on their condition at this time.
Also, one person who was inside one of the businesses at the time of the shooting is being treated for injuries from broken glass.
No suspects have been arrested. The investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
- Birmingham prepares to launch “Eat in the Streets” in Avondale
- Chilton County hires NY company to investigate ransomware attack
- Florida man curses out elderly woman who asked him to wear a mask at Costco
- Wayne Mixson, Florida’s governor for 3 days, has died
- Tuscaloosa neighborhood flooded after heavy rain