BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Good news for Birmingham residents! You live in one of the most hottest destinations for travelers heading into the new year!
Travel and Leisure named its “50 Best Places to Travel in 2021” and named the Magic City as the fifth best destination.
The list cited Birmingham’s “quirky java shops” like Red Cat Coffee House and its “upscale cocktail bars” like Paper Doll. The Pizitz and Railroad Park also got shout outs.
Alaska’s vast coast, Astoria, Ore., the Berkshires in Massachusetts and Big Sky, Mont. rounded out the top five.
To see the full list, click here.
- Ned Beatty, indelible in ‘Deliverance,’ ‘Network’ dies at 83
- EXPLAINER: Who is Naftali Bennett, Israel’s new leader?
- Southern Baptists meet amid controversy over leaked letters
- Judge tosses hospital workers’ vaccine requirement challenge
- ‘Hero’ still missing after trying to save drowning father, toddler swept out by current in Florida