BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A Birmingham mother has been accused of burning her dead infant’s body and leaving the remains in an alley, court records reveal.
According to court documents, Jasilyn Shebreit Hughes, 27, abused the corpse of her child Jahzara Harris on April 1. She allegedly placed the body of her infant child in a diaper bag, which she then placed into a trash bag and set on fire. The remains were left in an alley, court documents state.
Hughes was arrested Sunday morning and booked into the Jefferson County Jail. She has been charged with abuse of a corpse and is being held on a $250,000 bond.
No other information has been released at this time.
- These are the ‘rattiest’ cities in the US, according to national pest-control company
- Virginia woman holding toddler killed after being struck by tractor-trailer; child suffers serious injuries
- Trussville woman charged with aggravated child abuse following investigation
- Little-known approach to pancreatic cancer treatment offers hope to patients
- Colorado teen wins chess championship just months after brain surgery