BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 22-year-old man was shot to death after an altercation stemming from a dice game Saturday evening, according to the Birmingham Police Department.
Just after 5:30 p.m., BPD responded to a the 900 block of 45th Street N on a call of a person shot. Upon arrival, police discovered a victim suffering from a gunshot wound. They were transported to UAB where they then succumbed to their injuries.
The victim was later identified as 22-year-old Marquette Carter.
After a preliminary Investigation, BPD determined that the shooting was caused by a fight over a dice game.
No suspects are in custody at this time. This is still an ongoing investigation.
- Gulf Coast beaches to reopen Friday after Hurricane Sally’s destruction
- Altoona man arrested for alleged sexual abuse of 5-year-old child
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended
- Ronald McDonald House is more than a place to stay for families with sick children. It’s a community.
- Women’s Fund hosting smart party