Birmingham, Ala. (WIAT) — On Monday, the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute received a $8,883 donation from the Birmingham Legion FC soccer team.
The Legion held an auction for the special commemorative Birmingham Civil Rights Institute-inspired jerseys worn during the team’s season opener July 15 raising the money.
“We’re honored to partner with an organization as distinguished as the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute,” Legion FC President and General Manager Jay Heaps said. “The Institute has done inspiring work to encourage communication and education on civil rights issues in this community and around the world, and as a part of this city, we are proud to support them with this partnership.”
The Legion is a corporate member at the institute, and other jersey sponsors — Red Diamond, Buffalo Rock, and Mercedes Benz of Birmingham — approved the commemorative kit and stand with Legion in support of BCRI.
To donate to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, visit their website here.
- Burger King manager arrested for stealing money, setting fire to restaurant
- Gadsden man arrested after more than 600 photos, videos of child pornography found
- Alabama AG: Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches