BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Birmingham will host a supply drive for Hurricane Laura victims at the Boutwell Auditorium this week.
From Wednesday, September 2, to Friday, September 4, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., the city will accept donations.
Items that will be accepted include: bottled water, paper towels, toilet paper, flashlights and batteries, canned goods, diapers and baby wipes, baby food, comfort foods, first aid kits, paper plates, plastic cutlery kits, non-electronic can openers, electrical tape, paper, pencils, whistles, aluminum foil, hand sanitizer, wipes, cloth masks, laundry detergent, chlorine bleach, heavy duty garbage bags, feminine hygiene products, work gloves, cold packs, scissors, and other items of the like.
Christian Service Mission will transport the donations to Louisiana, which was hit hard by Hurricane Laura last week.
- Local pastors host forum on Christians’ role and responsibility in politics
- Experts, voters react to negative political ads
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- Teen killed, 3 injured in Bessemer drive-by shooting
- Bibb County family seeks justice in cold case murder