BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – On Friday, florists from across the Birmingham area will install a temporary floral memorial on the city’s Rotary Trail.
“We, as florists, know firsthand that flowers help to heal the soul. First, we hope this public installation helps us remember those in our community who have been victims of racism. Second, we hope it will bring the community together to reflect, be inspired, and learn from each other about how to move forward in a way that makes our city and state more just and more equal,” said Carolyn Chen, owner of Wild Things in Homewood.
The memorial will cover a significant portion of the Rotary Trail entrance sign downtown. All florists in the Birmingham area are invited to participate in the installation, which will start at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Rotary Trail. It will be in place through the weekend and removed on Monday.
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Foreign students who take online courses risk losing visa this fall
- Trussville PD arrests woman in connection to stolen rental car
- Sessions steps up attacks on Tuberville ahead of runoff
- Georgia Jimmy John’s workers fired for making noose out of bread dough