BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (12/11/19): Birmingham Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Carrillo told CBS 42 that all three firefighters have been treated and released from UAB Hospital.
Original story: Birmingham firefighters are battling a house fire on Norwood Blvd and 35th North Tuesday night.
Three firefighters have been transported to a local hospital after being injured by the roof collapsing, Birmingham Fire and Rescue Batallion Chief Sebastian Carillo said. The severity of the injuries is unknown at this time.
The house was under construction at the time of the fire. A cause of the fire jas not yet been determined.
This comes as snow and winter weather is expected to fall in the area.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton
- Trump’s trial begins at the start of an election year
- LifeSouth needs volunteer blood donors
- ‘Bad Luck Chuck’ isn’t taking any chances for Chiefs’ upcoming AFC Championship game
- St. Vincent’s Hospital making sleeping bags for the homeless