BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (12/11/19): Birmingham Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Carrillo told CBS 42 that all three firefighters have been treated and released from UAB Hospital.
Original story: Birmingham firefighters are battling a house fire on Norwood Blvd and 35th North Tuesday night.
Three firefighters have been transported to a local hospital after being injured by the roof collapsing, Birmingham Fire and Rescue Batallion Chief Sebastian Carillo said. The severity of the injuries is unknown at this time.
The house was under construction at the time of the fire. A cause of the fire jas not yet been determined.
This comes as snow and winter weather is expected to fall in the area.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- UAB to partake in COVID-19 clinical trial using nitric oxide
- COVID-19 has led to fewer illegal crossings at the border, DHS officials say
- Report: Alabama is 4th least aggressive state in battling COVID-19
- Rep. Brooks, wife make 50 face shields for healthcare workers battling COVID-19
- CBS 42 Family Time: The Gray Family