BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire Crews battled a huge two-alarm fire in the Avondale community Sunday evening.
Around 9:45 p.m., crews responded to 3rd Avenue South and 42nd Street South. Several structures were found engulfed in flames, Birmingham Fire officials report.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue says the fire started with two structures and another caught fire as the blaze grew. Two of the structures are a total loss and the third one is severely damaged.
There are no injuries.
At this time, authorities have not found a cause of the fire.
- Fighting fires and viruses: Birmingham Fire preparing for flu season
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- AAMA shares importance of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as September ends
- Legendary country music singer-songwriter Mac Davis dies at 78