BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham fire crews are investigating a building fire that erupted Sunday evening.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue says the call came at 6:38 p.m. on a structure fire at the corner of 13th Avenue South and Richard Arrington Boulevard South. The fire was in multiple parts of the building and officials believe the start of the fire is suspicious. Authorities say the building was abandoned and no one was inside at the time of the blaze.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire in under 20 minutes. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Tracking the Tropics: Development possible in Caribbean later this week or this weekend
- Gulf Coast beaches to reopen Friday after Hurricane Sally’s destruction
- Altoona man arrested for alleged sexual abuse of 5-year-old child
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended
- Ronald McDonald House is more than a place to stay for families with sick children. It’s a community.