BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue are investigating a house fire in the 2600 block of Pike Road.
Around 7:10 p.m., Birmingham Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire where a man and woman were still home.
They were able to get out of the house however, the man suffered minor injuries and the woman suffered major injuries. They were both transported to the hospital.
The woman is in critical condition, according to Battalion Chief Sebastian Carillo.
At this time, authorities have not stated the cause of the fire. This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Man in critical condition after shooting at Center Point apartment complex
- Meghan describes suicidal thoughts, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Ivey: March 7 declared as Tuskegee Airmen Day
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders