The Birmingham Board of Education appointed longtime employee Mark Sullivan as interim superintendent back in May as Lisa Herring wrapped up her three-year tenure with the city’s school system. Herring resigned to lead the Atlanta public school system.
The board has now opened an online survey for input on the type of leader they’d like to see in the post. The survey can be found here.
The deadline to complete the survey is July 15.
- 19-year-old arrested after drugs, AR-15 found during traffic stop
- CDC says people who recover from COVID-19 are protected up to 3 months
- 2 domestic violence deaths being investigated in Oxford
- Birmingham Police Department reinstates bike patrols in downtown area
- St. Clair County police searching for two missing boys