BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham City Schools have announced that a Central Office employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
BCS says all essential employees were preparing for the extended school closure when they were notified of the positive test. The Birmingham Board of Education Administration building was also evacuated.
All employees have been notified as of this time.
All BCS locations are closed at this time except for campuses being used for serving meals.
- Gadsden residents voice concerns over animal rendering plant plans
- No emergency warming shelters in Calhoun County, hotel vouchers offered to those in need
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway
- California could run out of ICU beds by Christmas due to COVID-19, officials say
- Authorities searching for missing Walker Co. woman