BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There’s a new chapter in Birmingham sports as the city prepares to open Protective Stadium in 2021.
The state-of-the-art stadium will serve as UAB’s new home after the Blazers spent nearly 30 years playing at Legion Field. “The Old Gray Lady” has seen quite a bit in her 93 years.
CBS 42’s Simone Eli spoke with a few people who experienced Legion Field in its prime. Watch the story in the player above.
- Managers hopeful end of pandemic unemployment funding will help labor shortage
- ‘Bin Laden’ blamed for Mexican police commander’s assassination
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour
- Angela Mayo sentenced to 50 years for Tuscaloosa murder after guilty plea
- Disabled migrant girl whose father carried her most of the journey from Honduras allowed to seek care in U.S.