BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There’s a new chapter in Birmingham sports as the city prepares to open Protective Stadium in 2021.
The state-of-the-art stadium will serve as UAB’s new home after the Blazers spent nearly 30 years playing at Legion Field. “The Old Gray Lady” has seen quite a bit in her 93 years.
CBS 42’s Simone Eli spoke with a few people who experienced Legion Field in its prime. Watch the story in the player above.
- People from Alabama crossing state lines to play lottery
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, police say
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- Remains of more than 250 migrants found along southern border in 2020
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours