BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire crews are working to extinguish a fire at an apartment complex Sunday evening.
Around 4:40 p.m., authorities responded to 10th Court and 23rd Street South. There was a report of a person trapped, however, firefighters were able to retrieve the woman and get her down using a ladder.
At this time, no injuries have been reported and Birmingham Fire and Rescue has gained control of the fire.
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center