BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue is on the scene of a house fire in southwest Birmingham Thursday night that killed one person.
According to BFRS Batallion Chief Sebastian Carrillo, the fire occurred just after 8:30 p.m. in the 800 block of Hampton Drive.
BFRS says a victim was found inside the house deceased after the fire was contained.
Another person was found outside the home and was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. The fire is still being investigated.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Accident on Highway 79 north of Pinson shuts down both lanes, 1 person airlifted
- ‘Senseless tragedy’: Tuscaloosa 13-year-old shot, killed in community off Fosters Ferry Road
- Watchdog group files Hatch Act complaint against Jen Psaki
- Biden takes infrastructure pitch straight to Americans
- ‘America’s Got Talent: Extreme’ stuntman hospitalized