BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — As school is out for the rest of the 2019-20 year, Bessemer City Schools is in the process of offering free Wifi to its students.
On Wednesday, the school system announced that it was installing WiFi towers at all school locations and the central office to provide free, password-protected Wifi for all students in the area from their homes.
The school system said the installations are not complete yet, so there has not been a password established yet. The school system will provide the password once the WiFi is online.
The school system has been closed since the outbreak of the coronavirus back in March, but they are still offering online instruction.
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers