BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Bessemer City Schools has decided to cancel all fall sports for middle schools due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The decision was made unanimously by a committee of coaches, principals, board members, parents and Superintendent Dr. Autumn Jeter.
The school district said that seventh and eighth-grade students can still condition and train with the high school athletic programs.
SEE THE FULL STATEMENT FROM BESSEMER CITY SCHOOLS BELOW:
- Altoona man arrested for alleged sexual abuse of 5-year-old child
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended
- Ronald McDonald House is more than a place to stay for families with sick children. It’s a community.
- Women’s Fund hosting smart party
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests