BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Like many businesses, the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute has seen some difficulties during the coronavirus pandemic. That’s why 10-year-old Elle decided to take some lemons and make lemonade!
BCRI says Elle, along with four of her friends, put on a lemonade stand and served the drinks for free, they only asked customers for donations that would be given to the institute. A few weeks later and Elle was able to hand over $1,107.33 in donations.
Elle included a message to BCRI, telling them she decided to donate to them “because of this time.” She said she hopes to visit with her friends when they reopen.
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign