CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A 2-year-old boy who was shot in the head over the weekend has died.
Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick confirmed to CBS 42 that the child, whose name has not been released to the public, died Wednesday after sustaining a gunshot wound to the head Saturday night near Johnson’s Crossing.
Following the shooting, Deputy Brad Williams of the Cullman County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting was accidental.
No further information has been released regarding the circumstances surrounding the shooting or if there would be any charges filed.
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits