CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A 2-year-old boy who was shot in the head over the weekend has died.
Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick confirmed to CBS 42 that the child, whose name has not been released to the public, died Wednesday after sustaining a gunshot wound to the head Saturday night near Johnson’s Crossing.
Following the shooting, Deputy Brad Williams of the Cullman County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting was accidental.
No further information has been released regarding the circumstances surrounding the shooting or if there would be any charges filed.
- Burger King manager arrested for stealing money, setting fire to restaurant
- Gadsden man arrested after more than 600 photos, videos of child pornography found
- Alabama AG: Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches