BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Birmingham has decided to cancel Friday and Saturday’s Eat in the Streets event due to potential rain and storms this weekend.
As Hurricane Delta makes its way to the Gulf Coast, central Alabama is expected to get hit with some rain this weekend. This led the city to canceling the food tasting event.
The dates at Avondale have been moved to Oct. 30 and 31.
Other dates for Eat in the Streets are still on and are as follows:
- Downtown Birmingham – Oct. 16 & 17, Oct. 23 & 24
- Pepper Place – Nov. 6 & 7, Dec. 4 & 5
- Alabama State Canvassing Board certifies 2020 general election results
- Tuscaloosa Riverwalk’s ‘Tinsel Trail’ opens for the holidays
- WATCH LIVE: Saban talks to media before Iron Bowl
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Missouri health official steps down after her family threatened over coronavirus measures