PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. (WIAT) — As the season of giving approaches, many people find shopping online the way to avoid crowds and items selling out.
But some are looking to take advantage of these online purchases being delivered and left on doorsteps for hours. These porch pirates take the items and residents are left without their presents.
This is why the Pleasant Grove Department of Public Safety has announced they will be increasing their patrols of neighborhoods to thwart these potential thefts.
PGDPS made the announcement of their Facebook page and are warning residents not to worry if they see multiple patrol cars in the area.
- Hoover City Schools to begin Fall school year under staggered schedule
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- Vestavia Hills HS students protest BOE’s decision to move school principal to remote learning
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- Birmingham man killed after altercation over apparent dice game