WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Walker County Sheriff’s Office has made what they call a “historic” drug bust Thursday.
According to WCSO, deputies recovered the following from the scene:
- 3.6 ounces of heroin, valued at $20,000
- 9 ounces of Carfentail, valued at $900,000
- 0.21 grams of methamphetamine
- $27,800 in cash
- $36,700 in counterfeit money
The amount of carfentanil—a synthetic opioid which is said to be 100 times more potent than fentanyl—was enough to kill 127,000 people, according to WCSO.
No other information has been released at this time. WCSO says more information will be released Friday.
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- No. 8 Alabama recovers from slow start to beat Georgia 89-79
- No injuries reported after fire breaks out at Fairfield transmission shop
- Family dispute leaves one dead in Dora shooting