MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An audit of a school district in Alabama shows administrators misused over $700,000.
News outlets report the funds were used by six current and former Montgomery Public Schools employees on items such as alcohol, payments to a strip club and scholarships for an administrator’s children.
The money went missing or was misused between October 2017 and September 2018. Many of the administrators no longer work for the district. At least one has repaid his misused funds.
The district’s chief school financial officer and superintendent say there are currently efforts to keep such misuse from happening again.
- Chick-fil-A adds two favorites back to its menu
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Local boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck in Provo