TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) have combined to offer a $5,000 reward for information in a gun store theft in Tuscaloosa.
According to ATF, 40 firearms were stolen from Woods and Water FFL Tuesday. Investigators are still conducting an investigation into exactly how many items were stolen.
The Tuscaloosa Police Department tells CBS 42 thieves broke into the store in the early morning hours. When workers arrived they discovered a door had been broken into and the guns were reported stolen. Teena Richardson is the spokesperson for TPD, she is concerned about these guns getting in the wrong hands.
“We are concerned that they will get onto the streets, with the number of robberies we’ve had and shootings and homicides in this county this kind of scares you a little bit,” Richardson said. “Within two weeks we’ve had two gun distributors that were broken into where a number of weapons were taken.”
Both ATF and NSSF are offering a $2,500 reward for information that leads to an arrest and recovery of the firearms.
Anyone with information about this crime should contact ATF at (888) ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477), or Tuscaloosa County Crime Stoppers (205) 752-7867.
- Alabama residents welcome back the return of SEC Football
- No. 2 Crimson Tide rolls on offense to 38-19 win over Mizzou
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court