MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating 11 traffic fatalities that occurred in the state while people were traveling for Thanksgiving.
This is up from seven fatalities a year ago.
The deadly accidents took place in Baldwin, Cherokee, Escambia, Hale, Madison, Morgan, St. Clair and Wilcox counties. Two pedestrians and one motorcyclist were among those killed.
ALEA is urging motorists to drive with more caution, especially during the holidays.
- BPD: Man injured in shooting, dies during surgery
- 49ers fans in Miami hit beaches days before the big game
- Kobe Bryant’s death brings sadness to Super Bowl festivities in South Beach
- 5 indicted in fatal shooting of Ramsay High senior
- Florida man arrested after harassing families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims