MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating 11 traffic fatalities that occurred in the state while people were traveling for Thanksgiving.
This is up from seven fatalities a year ago.
The deadly accidents took place in Baldwin, Cherokee, Escambia, Hale, Madison, Morgan, St. Clair and Wilcox counties. Two pedestrians and one motorcyclist were among those killed.
ALEA is urging motorists to drive with more caution, especially during the holidays.
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses