BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Officials with the Alabama Department of Transportation will soon take part in a new project.
ALDOT Regional Engineer DeJarvis Leonard confirmed the department is working on a widening project that would add a fourth lane from Exit 242 in Pelham to I-459 that would complement a project already in the works.
“The existing project that we have in Shelby County has a fourth lane in it,” Leonard said. “So we’re gonna pave that for a fourth lane coming from Exit 238 up to 242, but we want to get that fourth lane all the way up to 459.”
Leonard said construction could begin next summer.
- Bush Hills man battling city hall over flooding frustrations from storm drain
- Heavy rains cause pumpkin shortage at Old Baker Farm
- Alabama small business owner still without state tax refund months later
- Early morning fire leaves 1 man dead in Alpine
- Grandmother arrested in death of 6-month-old in Tuscaloosa