ALABASTER, Ala. (WIAT) – All Alabaster city schools will start on a delay Thursday morning, following Thompson High School’s win over Central-Phenix City in the 7-A State Championship game.
The decision was announced in a news release from Alabaster city schools dated November 25, 2019.
Students in all grades will see a 3-hour delay to the start of the school day. School buses will also run on a 3-hour delay.
Breakfast will not be served.
The rest of the school day will proceed as normal, including After School Care.
- 4 in custody after leading troopers on pursuit through Birmingham
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, ambulance crews handling more calls than ever
- Memorial service going virtual for civil rights pioneer Jean Graetz
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter