BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Sheriff’s Association will hold a news conference Tuesday to address the recent rash of deadly shooting across the state.
According to the association, in the last 13 months, there have been a record seven deaths of Alabama police officers from gun violence.
The association plans to announce a new Responding Officer Warning System Tuesday.
The new system will allow officers to easily look up and verify concealed carry permits and the arrest history of anyone they pull over during traffic stops.
The news conference is happening Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in Montgomery.
- Central AL Forecast: Mostly gray sky tomorrow; Another cold push Monday
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Moulton man walks out of rehab hospital after long battle with COVID-19
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- See what happens when meat lovers replace gingerbread houses with ‘charcuterie chalets’