BAY MINETTE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man convicted of multiple sex crimes involving children has been sentenced to nearly 500 years in prison.
Baldwin County prosecutors say Circuit Judge Clark Stankoski imposed the sentence Wednesday on 33-year-old Thomas Justin Bailey of Foley.
Convicted on multiple counts including attempted rape and sodomy, Bailey was sentenced to 496 years in prison.
Prosecutors say the case came to light after friends of the victims shared their concerns with a school guidance counselor. That led to an investigation that included work by the county’s child advocacy center. Jurors convicted Bailey in October.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Feds pinpoint suspect in officer’s riot death, AP reports
- Georgia County Sheriff’s deputy buys chocolate cake, makes 8-year-old’s day
- 2-year-old shot early Saturday in Birmingham
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends